Information on Liquid & Grit's Database tool in the Impact Portal
Our Database supplies over 25K filterable and searchable galleries containing screenshots and videos of gameplay.
You must be logged in to access Liquid & Grit's Impact Portal and Database tool. For full access to Liquid & Grit's suite of tools, email support at [email protected].
To help you get started, here’s a summary of the content available in the Database:
The Gallery view contains screenshots and video content of game features, mechanics, events, etc. Each entry contains its own gallery.
The Data view contains a table of our internal tracking data corresponding to your filter selection. The data can be exported as a CSV file.
The Matrix view contains a breakdown of the features, events, and content released by each app we track according to your search criteria. Clicking "X" directs you to the gallery results for that specific app.
You can toggle between the Gallery, Data, and Matrix views using the three icons at the upper right of the screen.
Use the menu on the left side of your screen to filter results in the database. Click either Gallery, Data, or Matrix to view filtered results. You can also search database content with the search bar.
Results can be filtered by market, date, game, subgenre, and more.
You can set up notifications to be alerted when new content is published in our database that fit your criteria.
- 1.Use the filter menu on the left to select filter criteria.
- 2.Click the “Add Filter Notifications” button on the bottom-left of the screen.
- 3.Give the Filter Notification a Name, select how often you want to be notified, and choose the time of day you want to be notified.
- 4.Click "Save."
- 5.You can view your Filter Notifications by clicking the “My Notifications” tab. From here, you can quickly view the filter results of your notification, edit the notification, or delete it.
Let's say you’d like to build a bank feature for a puzzle app and would like to show examples to your design team. URLs are unique to results, so they can be shared. To view examples, filter results by clicking “Casual” (under "Market"), “Puzzle” (under "Genre"), “Features” (under "Category), and “Banks” (under "Features"). You can also filter by time if you'd like more recent examples.
Images and videos can be downloaded from “Gallery”. You can also export the data as a .CSV file from the “Data” tab:
- In our taxonomy, features are permanent meta-elements, events are limited-time meta-elements, and content is core gameplay elements (e.g., slot machines, level designs, heroes, and equipment).
- When filtering by app, you can select either "Tracked," which will display apps we follow regularly, or "Deconstruct," which will display apps for which we have performed a specific teardown.
- Filtering by "Popular" will display trending sub-categories within mechanics (e.g., battle pass).