Comment on page
How to Use - Database
Information on how to navigate and utilize our Database tool
You can toggle between the Data, Gallery, and Matrix views using the three icons at the upper right of the screen.
Use the menu on the left side of your screen to filter results in the database. Click either Gallery, Data, or Matrix to view filtered results. You can also search database content with the search bar.
Results can be filtered by market, date, game, subgenre, and more.
Let's say you’d like to build a bank feature for a puzzle app and would like to show examples to your design team. URLs are unique to results, so they can be shared. To view examples, filter results by clicking “Casual” (under "Market"), “Puzzle” (under "Genre"), “Features” (under "Category), and “Banks” (under "Features"). You can also filter by time if you'd like more recent examples.
You can set up notifications to be alerted when new content is published in our database that fit your criteria.
- Use the filter menu on the left to select filter criteria.
- Click the “Add Filter Notifications” button on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Give the Filter Notification a Name, select how often you want to be notified, and choose the time of day you want to be notified.
- Click "Save."
- In our taxonomy, features are permanent meta-elements, events are limited-time meta-elements, and content is core gameplay elements (e.g., slot machines, level designs, heroes, and equipment).
- When filtering by app, you can select either "Tracked," which will display apps we follow regularly, or "Deconstruct," which will display apps for which we have performed a specific teardown.
- Filtering by "Popular" will display trending sub-categories within mechanics (e.g., battle pass).